Monday 27 December 2010

The time of my life! :)

We had the most perfect christmas, Adam loved all his presents, i loved all of mine, we got to spend the entire day with different parts of our close family. It was the perfect little Christmas.
We decided against doing the pregnancy test, as i didnt think it would show up anyway, being only a day late, and we didnt want to upset ourselves.
Adam bought me an apple mac computer, for me to set up my recording studio, which i thought would be a good way to take my mind off the baby making thing.
I had a bit of an emotional evening, I spent over an hour holding and feeding our tiny new baby neice, and it felt so perfect to have her in my arms. Once they had left, i ended up crying almost uncontrolably on Kelly and Amanda, thinking that it was never going to happen for me.
Then my Birthday came, it was the first Birthday i have ever woken up away from my mum, and it felt so strange, but it seemed like my first proper one as an adult.
We went to my grandparents in the morning, where my dad met us from Norfolk. Adam, my sister and her fiance, my grandparent, my dad and I spent the morning doing all our presents, almost like another mini christmas. We then had a lovely Gammon lunch, before setting off to mums to go to the Panto! Had a suprisingly good time at the theatre, before returning to my mums house with all the extended family. We did a few presents, and my mum put on a buffet, i sat and played with my cousins two year old little boy for a while who i love sooo much! We then set off to Adams mums for my little birthday tea party :)
A few minutes after we arrived there, a search was started for a bag containing Adams Grandfathers presents. People looked all over, before i suggested we nip to check we didnt pick it up on christmas night and take it home. So we nipped back to check.
On our way to the car, i asked Adam whether he wanted me to take the test, just to put us out of our misery, we were still thinking about it constantly and we could always pick another one up to do in a few weeks time :) So we decided to do that.
When we got home, Adam started looking in all the boxes of gifts at the bottom of the stairs while i rushed straight upstairs to grab my test. As i hurried into the bathroom, Adam picked up his ipad and started planting some seeds on a 'Smurfs' game he's been playing, while he slowly walked up the stairs. I took the test, and placed it on the edge of the bath, the two boxed both turn a pinky colour straight away which showed it was working, then.. almost a matter of seconds later TWO little purple lines started to appear. I shouted for Adam to come, and he was already half way up the stairs, i screamed 'I think its positive' as i started to sob!
Adam came in looking all wobbly and picked the test up straight away, his eyes seemed to fill up, his hand was shaking and his voice went all wobbly, he kept saying 'we need to be sure' and stared constantly at the test. After a few minutes he looked at me with a look i will never forget. His eyes were damp and he looked the proudest i have ever seen him. i threw my arms round his tummy and sobbed. It was the most amazing feeling (and birthday present!!!) in the world!
I cried the whole way back in the car and we planned what we were going to say.
When we got there i went straight into the bathroom in attempt to make myself look less tearful, Adam went and fetched Kelly and Craig. Kelly sat on the toilet and craig stood in the doorway, both of them looking nervous. Adams started talking about how they have been wanting to move in, he said 'We've been thinking, you two can have the spare room, then in the babys room, your cot can go 'there' and our cot can go 'here'! ' At that, i began to cry again, and a look of shock came on Kels face, she jumped up and started to cry 'Are you Pregnant??' She said. I didnt say anything, and pulled the test out. She took one look and grabbed me, and we both cried :)
We then went into the lounge where, Adams mum, dad, brother and his girlfriend, grandad and his friend were sitting. Adam stood in the middle of the room, while i stood crying by the door,he started giving this speech about how he'd wanted to give me a really special gift for my birthday. 'So i thought id knock her up' was the punchline of the story, which isnt one id have chosen myself but never mind.
I stared his mum straight in the eye and could tell she was trying to piece it all together, then she suddenly jumped up and came to hug me with a face full of tears.
Everyone seemed so happy!
We then decided to pop back to my mums, as i couldnt wait to tell her. All the way there i sat shaking, wondering how she would react, although i knew it wouldnt be a negative reaction. When we'd left her house earlier in the day, we had left behind a box of gifts from my grandparents house, so saw this as a brilliant excuse for our return. We went into the lounge, which was still full of relatives and asked her where the box was. She got up and went into the study, so we both followed her. 'Oh and we forgot about another present we'd got you' i said, and the tears began to fall again. Her face dropped and she went pale and nervous. 'What is it?' she asked. 'Your going to be a Grandma' i told her. She literally burst straight into excited tears and with a little shriek grabbed hold of me and squeezed me tight. It was the most precious cuddle i have ever had from my mum, and iv had a fair few! Then, my sister came down, she walked into the room and we didnt even have to tell her, she started crying too and we all hugged together.
We then went into the lounge to break the news to all the listening ears. Everybody was really pleased. My little 9 year old cousin Keighley said 'Is Milly pregnant? She doesnt look it!' :)

We spent about 15 minutes there, talking about dates and decisions before heading back to Adams mums. Once we got there, little two year old Ellie had heard all the excitement, and so was brought down to join the party. Amanda said to her 'Theres a little baby in Aunty Kellys tummy, and now theres a baby in Aunty Millys tummy too'. At that, Ellie walked straight over to Kelly and lifted her top up to find the baby. It was so cute.
The rest of the evening was spent with loads of cuddles, girly chats and squeeks. Adam instantly became very protective of me, and insited on fetching me chairs and drinks and carrying my bags, bless him.
So yes, that was my dream come true. The best Birthday i could ever have hoped for. One i will certainly never forget!

XxXxxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

No comments: